Barbecues draw teams from near and far and they often encounter unexpected complications like damaged equipment and unpredictable weather, which further complicates the already tough tasks of producing the best BBQ meats and getting them to the judging tent on time.
Despite long hours devoted to tending fireboxes, trimming, seasoning, smoking, boxing, and presenting their entries teams still manage to find time to share some of their experiences, expertise, and enthusiasm with spectators. Come out and meet some of the fine people that travel the competitive barbecue circuit.
Here is a sneak peak of the goings on at Get Your Pig On!
- Sampling Pavilion Saturday Only
- Come try samples of products found at your Columbia hometown grocer (while supplies last)
- Test-drive local Jeeps and pickups on an off-road track! First come, first served! – limited by time and demand (Waiver, current driver license, & insurance required)
- Locked, Lifted, & Ready 2 Rock Jeep Contest
- Horse Drawn Hay Wagon Shuttles (Complimentary rides throughout the event)
- Pony Rides ($10.00 per ride)
- Bounce Around Fun Zone ($10.00 all-day wristbands)
- Live local bands Friday and Saturday
- Large beer garden with BBQ and fair foods
- Vendor exhibits / Arts & Crafts area
We will bring you a great event, with a fabulous line-up of sponsors, retailers, and entertainment for all age groups and want you to be a part of Get Your Pig On!” think PIG think BBQ think FUN